Sport Blog Network
- Tech SEO
Private Blog Network in sports niche consists of 50+ websites, managed from one dashboard and running in one multisite instance with dynamic theming.
Initially, the client wanted to make a private blog network to support several Amazon money sites with sports products, but later task transformed into an idea of community-driven sports blogging network, like Fansided or SBNation, targeted to US-based sports leagues, like NFL, NBA, MLB.
More than 50+ domains managed through single dashboard - from domain registry settings, Cloudflare API, to each domain properties and assets like titles, descriptions, colors, robot.txt, sitemaps, content, etc.
Having such a flexible custom back-end solution requires a suitable front-end solution, and it was created. A solid multisite Nuxt.js front-end allowed to run all 50+ domains in one single instance.
The next step was to make a convenient theming system for front-end, since 50 different domains need some variation. This was solved thanks to the clever design system and Vue.js dynamic components.
MongoDB was used as a primary database, but a lot of queries handled by the Elasticsearch index. Besides that, additional Redis caching level was created.
- Multisite PBN solution
- Nuxt.js for server-rendering
- Lazy Loading
- Oembed API
- Custom multisite PBN solution
- 50+ domains dashboard
- MongoDB as primary database
- Elasticsearch index
- Redis caching layer
- Browser, server-side, CDN caching
- SSL, hardened security headers (including CSP)
- 96/10 Google PageSpeed
- Minimum libraries used
- Responsive images
- Browser and CDN caching
- Custom AMP pages for articles
- SEO and Social Media meta tags
- Advanced Schema.org JSON-LD
- Advanced XML sitemaps and feeds: articles, images, RSS 2.0
- Green Google PageSpeed Insights
- HTML sitemap for faster discovery
- Google analytics integration